OPEN TEAM EVENT.
1st prize: One pair of skis for each team member from Falls Creek Sports
2nd prize: $500 Falls Creek Sports voucher for each team member
3rd prize: 1 case of wine for each team member
FASTEST FEMALE / FASTEST MALE
$200 Falls Creek Sports voucher will be awarded to the female and male with the fastest combined times in both disciplines in the Ski Race.
Prize: Season pass for each team member
The mixed team with the lowest aggregate time for all three competitors in both disciplines. A mixed team is one that comprises members of both sexes. If the winning mixed team has already qualified for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd prize the mixed team prize will be awarded to the mixed team with the next best aggregate time.
Prize: Season pass for each team member.
The team must comprise three females.The female team with the lowest aggregate time for all three competitors in both disciplines will receive the prize. If the winning female team has already qualified for a 1st, 2nd or 3rd prize the female team prize will be awarded to the team with the next best aggregate time.
Everyone is in the chance to win spot prizes provided by Helly Hansen.
The timing of events in the Race Series schedule may change.
Competitors will be notified of any such changes at the team captains race briefing on Thursday evening.
The course will be in the Sun Valley area of Falls Creek conducted on intermediate level terrain. The course will be subject to prevailing conditions and the organisers reserve the right to change the location without notice.
The team competition comprises two disciplines - giant slalom and slalom. Each team's three competitors must contest the slalom and the giant slalom - skiing each discipline twice. The combined total time of the two runs, in each discipline, for each team member makes up the team's score. The winning team will have the lowest aggregate time for all three competitors in both disciplines.
1. A team shall consist of three members.
2. The Slalom Race & the Giant Slalom Race must be contested by each member of the team. All teams will be placed in a draw to determine their starting position.The first competitor drawn will start in the Giant Slalom and the competitor drawn last will start last. This order will be reversed for the second run in both the Slalom and Giant Slalom.
3 To be eligible to enter The Age - Falls Creek Corporate Ski Race, an official entry form is to be completed and lodged with the organisers prior to the event. Any team found to have lodged an informal entry will not be eligible for any trophy or prize.
4. To be eligible for a prize, a team must provide evidence to the satisfaction of the race organisers that each team member is a full time bona fide employee of the business or organisation they are representing in the race.
This evidence must be submitted with the official entry form.
Entries will be entered as informal if not accompanied by a company letter verifying each team member is a bona fide full time employee of the company.
5. Further, to be eligible for a prize, a team or individual competitor must not be currently registered with an official snowsport organisation (such as, but not limited to, Skiing Victoria, Skiing Australia Limited, NSW, SA Snowsport Associations) as a ski racer or hold current FIS points.
Similarly, a team or individual competitor will not be eligible to receive a prize if a team member is a professional skier or snowsport coach.
A professional skier would include, but is not limited to, a snowsport instructor employed currently or in the past three years in Australia or overseas by a recognised snowsport resort, a snowsport tour guide or coach & a skier who competes professionally in snowsport events.
6 .A team (or members of a team) which has won The Age - Falls Creek Corporate Ski Race first prize in the past two years is not eligible to win a prize.
Complimentary entry to the following season's race will be offered to corporate teams who have won the major first prize over the past 2 years.
7. All competitors must be aged 18 or over.
8. All competitors must wear the official race bib supplied by the race organisers during course inspection and when competing.
9. Each event in the series must be completed according to the race rules and directions of course officials. Failure to observe race rules or directions may result in the disqualification of a team.
10 .In the event of a dispute over the interpretation or implementation of the race rules or directions of race officials, the dispute shall be resolved by the Race Committee and the decision shall be final.
A team and each competitor agrees to be bound by the Race Committee decisions and to waiver all rights of appeal or redress.
11.Provisional placings will be announced at the presentation function and results will be published in The Age.